Nieuport 28

Turbycat

I got it from Sussex Model Centre. It came through J. Perkins. I know YT do/did them but they were out of stock when called. I must say I did have a few issues with the kit (ARTF). I had to send the first fuselage back as it wasn't glued together properly and none of the pre-fitted captive nuts lined up and some were even different sizes. It has been a complete pain to put together. The instructions were a joke, fortunately I know my way around a plane. Both Sussex and Perkins were helpful in sorting it out. However, it has almost put me off ARTF's. It looks nice now it's together and I'm really looking forward to giving it a go.

Andy

edit: I think the original manufacturer is "Green Models" a chinese concern.

Edited By Turbycat on 05/09/2011 20:00:59

Yeah for a large artf it seems very fiddley to put together. So I decided to take my time. It almost got sent back. I'm going to have to keep it in one piece though. To remove the wings you have to unscrew 4 self tapping screws that go in to the aluminium spars. If I keep doing that the holes will just wear out. Fortunately it'll just fit in the back of my Isuzu in one piece!

Andy

• 6 months later...