up the ladders

We had a great days flying today , one off my friends lost contact with his model and had to go and find it, well not just me but 6 of us tried to find his model in thick trees and undergrowth, the trouble was the model was green so it was a problem to find it , the only way was to push the throttle stick so we could hear the motor, when we had found it we had to go and get the ladders it was in a bad postion and very high, a bit off team work and we had it down in about 1 hour, just trying to get the thorns out from my hands legs and arms, but we all had a great day.

Advert

David 7,
I just returned from a successful recovery so I know how you feel. I am too old to be climbing trees or ladders. I use a fishing rod and bow and arrow. I tie the fishing line
to an old arrow. Shoot the arrow over the branch that the airplane is caught on.
Take the line off the arrow and attach to some strong nylon cord. Pull that back to the fishing rod, then tie the cord to a rope and pull that back so two people can pull on each end of the rope and shake the airplane loose. Depending on how sturdy the branch is that is holding the airplane, you may be able to forget pulling the rope over. Some times the cord will be strong enough to shake the airplane loose.
It works where a ladder will not reach and there is no danger of an old guy falling and hurting himself.
Just make sure the archer gets the line over the branch and doesn't hit the airplane.
Don't ask, just take my word for it.
Denny