Spektrum paints for Camoflage

Ben B

Does anyone know what colour Spektrum olive drab comes out as? Some I've seen are quite green, others more grey.

I'm planning on doing this colour scheme on my funfighter (the bands will hopefully help with orientation)

I can't decide on what the two main colours are!
Any ideas? (thanks in advance!)

Advert

Hi Ben,
The colours I use are from the Humbrol acrylic range and are: No 30 Dark Green, and No 27 Sea Grey.
The Olive drab colour should look almost like it has a brown tinge to it and is not the same as the dark green used this side of the pond.

Ady
P.S You could aleays do a desert scheme like this for something different.

Hi Ady,

Thanks for the clarification re the Olive drab. Will stick with Dark Green and Dark Grey (hopefully close enough).
Actually, they're only £5 a tin I might get both the light and dark greens and greys and have a play. I've got some super accurate scales so I can mix the colours pretty precisely.
It's a shame they don't do a colour chart though.
True re the desert camo- certainly different to the usual. And the tropicalised chin scoop looks good! The only issue is I have a scale (diecast) model of the plane shown so fancy building flying version of that one. It's a colorscheme used on a training squadron at the end of the war (apparantly).