RCM&E Magazine name, should it be changed?

Paul Marsh

MMG.

When I was doing the E part for the magazine as well as writing my own projects I would also build projects that had been submitted by other people to make sure they could be successfully built by the readers. This helped with content as it gave a reasonable amount of articles, but submission started to dry up and I was running out of ideas for projects.

I had a principle that any project I did had to fit into one of three criteria.

1. It had to be something that was not available commercially.
2. It would be cheaper than the commercially available product.
3. It had to be a better spec or perform better than a commercial version.

It became ever more difficult to find projects that fitted into these criteria. Most to the things I did back then are now common everyday items available for very little money. But as people have said there is always the 'I just want to do it myself' breed of people that may still be interested in DIY projects.

I am thinking about a couple of new or updated version of some of the projects on the site, there are things that can be done now that were not really viable back then and so development of them stopped, but new components that are easy to get at reasonable prices now make them projects worth looking at again. These projects taken a fan bit of time to put together so it may be sometime before they start to appear on the web site.
Ken....

Advert