Skylifter to 2.4

Gaz Elliott

Got a Twister skylifter a few years ago. Been redundant on the side for a while. well i decided to resurect the heli.a month ago only to smell burning from the 3 in 1 . So today i replace the 3 in 1.and though hey thats solved it. But No.

In the swap i also took out the 35 mg rx and replaced with a spekkie 2.4 indoor rx. Easy enough as the leads are all marked rudder etc.

But when the power is on everything works great except the rudder. No movement on the blade speed between top and bottom which is how it operates the rudder.

So am i doing something wrong. Should i have a setting other than the normal plane setting ( I have read this is the best way) ?

I plugged a different servo into the rx rudder and that worked fine just no speed adjustment on the rudder when it is the 3 in 1.

I did not want to take it back if it is just a mix setting or something.

Thanks for your advice in advanace.

Advert

• 2 months later...

I did this conversion some years back and ran into a similar problem. Its because the mixer is getting the channels in the "wrong" order - too close together to sort them out.

The solution is simple. Run the Tx in "heli" mode, and plug the "throttle" lead from the mixer into the "pitch" channel of the receiver (usually ch 6).

Obviously you need a 6 channel receiver to make this work......!