DeAgostini Spitfire

JOHN WILLIAMS

hi there,

has anyone converted one of these to electric?

i have aquired one of these spits the other week which someone was about to skip. the kit as a whole has been built up and never flown, there are servos but no engine. i will be converting this to electric as all my planes are .i have fabricated an engine mount from ply, and attatched a emax2826/06 brushless motor to this.

will be running off a 4s lipo and 60amp esc and 12x 6 prop .i run this setup on a 3 meter glider with a 14x6 folding prop.weighs about the same as the spit and climbs like a rocket to the clouds

i have epoxed a battery tray inside right up against the fire wall. i have also changed the aileron servo from the single system that was on there to the servo for each aileron that seems less spongy. i wouldnt have trusted the other system in flight i must admit.

c of g seems good, with a slight nose down attitude when balanced upside down. measurement was about 106 cm from the leading edge

cheers matt

Advert