re use of micro stryker electrics

kevin lewis 2

Hi All

recently purchased the micro styker after really only being competent with a 4 chanel cessna so have re glued many times now i was wondering if there was another airframe i could use the electrics in maybe something a little bigger that may be more forgiving. if not will buy another new stryker frame and keep trying

any advice appreciated

kev

Advert

The world is your Oyster, as they say..

iirc, the setup is a standard Spectrum BL unit, so anything that requires one of those.. Including the UMX Sbach, Beast, etc..

It might be a bit too powerful for a small Guillows kit, but a medium size one might work..

Or, you could buy a sheet of depron, for about £5-6, a sharpe knife, and make your own plane from scratch, or a plan.. !!

OR buy another Stryker.. But from what you've said, going from a nice stable Cessna to a flying missile, was probably the cause of its early demise, so i'd go for summut else...

HTH's

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

Just checked... Your Stryker has a 6400BL main board, and more importantly, a 3000KV 180 motor, compared to the 2500KV in my Sbach, so it is a screamer of a motor you have, and probably not that suitable for a slower-flying machine...

But all is not lost.. Only Saturday, I saw a replacement 180BL motor in Penn Models, and iirc, it was about £13... So worst case, you may have to spend less than £15 on a lower KV motor to open that oyster..

Luv

Chrisie.. xx