Pegasus Models Jester - Hints/Tips?

Tony H

Hi Guys,

Has anyone built and flown the Pegasus models Jester (IC20-25)? Please can you give me any hints or tips? I have just bought one and plan to put a OS46LA in it as it weighs about the same as most IC25 engines and has the power of the average 36.

Advert

• 3 months later...

Sorry for a late reply, but I have not. But my Dad and Grandad have, and it was the best plane we have ever owned, alongside our Wot 4 mk2. They scaled it up as well, and that was great. It is fantastic, easy build, and although I have not flown it because it was retired before I was old enough to fly (it flew a LOT), they say it flew brilliantly. The one thing you must do is build some interplane struts for the wings. Dad and Grandad found that thanks to banded wings, the wings clapped together! This was in high G aerobatics- with struts it was fine. It is fantastic. Please let me know how you get on, this plane has a place in our hearts.

CS

PS- This was a Galaxy kit, but they don't do it any more. But they do do the Domino, which is essentialy an enlarged one with struts and slightly different tail surfaces. We loved the Jester so much, that I got the Domino kit and I might do a build thread, tell me if you are interested.

That's great news, it does look like a nice plane. I have considered buying the Domino and I would be very intereseted if you could do a build blog on it. It will probably help me with my Jester too.

I won't be building the jester probably until the end of this year. I think I will be putting a nice new ASP32 or 36 in it, I feel they would work nicely with it. I'll probably be using 12g or 22g metal geared mini servo's in it to keep the weight down too.

I'm really pleased your Dad and Grandad got lot's of flights out of your Jester, that gives me hope for mine.

Tony

The Jester is fantastic, a brilliant little hack. I'll do a build log on the Domino (I am starting it once Dad's Extra is done- couple of weeks). Please do a build thread on the Jester as well, when you build it, I'd like to see more people getting these. Hopefully the Domino will live up to the Jester, it should fly well with 6 inches more wingspan and the very light but powerful Saito 62 up front.

Remember those interplane struts- a neccesity if you want to do high G aerobatics (you will!)

CS

Hi CS,

I will do a build blog when I start to build it. When you talk about interplane Struts do you mean at the end of each wing?

Also can you remember (or find out) what the overall weight of the plane worked out? I'm trying to figure out what engine I should use (0.25,0.32,0.36 or a light weight plain bearing 0.40). any suggestions?

Good luck with the Domino I look forward to following it.

Oh by the way, I like your Lotus Green Plane. I had the exact same idea with my Galaxy Magician, it's going to be yellow underneath and Lotus Green on top with the lotus 7 yellow nose and strip down the top center. Should look good including Lotus decals.

Dad says with the 25FSR it weighed around 3.5 pounds. As for wind, it was very good and should be fine in 12-14 mph winds.

It will be nice to see another Lotus green plane! It will look great with the decals! Colin Chapman himself loved aeroplanes, so he would approve. Maybe it will spread, and there can be a Lotus green fleet of model planes!

CS