What to do next with my models.......??

Tom T

Hmm. I'm inclined to agree with Richard. For the sake of a tenner grab a new battery. Check out the low discharge Nimh rx battery's you can get ( eg. Vapextech branded on eBay ) Ive found that rx battery's can deteriorate quite quickly - but, I and other club mates reckon these are pretty good. They are not too pricey either.

Especially after winter storage, it's frightening how a battery can look good until you put it under load and then....

You don't need to ditch the DX6i, the main thing if you are using older Spektrum receivers is to be paranoid about your receiver battery being in good condition and having plenty of charge. I'm guessing you have an AR6200 receiver? On this and the AR500 especially maintaining sufficient voltage is critical. A 5 cell battery will help. Some people use a capacitor to smooth the supply to these older recievers too. ( Google spm1600 Voltage Protector Capacitor for info - or buy the right capacitor from Maplin and make one up!) I use both receivers regularly, and am convinced that they are fine as long as you understand their weakness - and make sure your battery is up to the job.

Advert

Richard: I will have a go at doing that, a club member did have a quick go at doing it but we may have missed a loose connection. I'll check the battery anyway but as you say to be sure i'll replace it anyway.

Graham: The receiver i'm using is the Ar6200, I'll have a look at the battery you suggested. Do you think it will be worth while changing the battery in my chipmunk to the same type. At the moment it has a 4.8v 2200mah overlander. Do you think it will suffer from the same glitches as the trainer if i leave it like this?

Cheers

Tom

Tom, it's a bit like asking 'how long is a piece of string?'

We fly a few aircraft with relatively elderly 4 cell NIMH RX Batteries in them. The aircraft concerned only have five servos max, and I check battery under load at the field. We would also probably only give the aircraft perhaps 15 mins of flying per session. However my son has got a LIpo and regulator for his latest aircraft, and i've been switching over to 5 cell packs of the type I've described in a previous post in my more regularly used aircraft.

If you don't have a load tester, that might be a better investment at the moment.