DV-eg002 cam mysteries

Hi

I bought one of these cams after a colleague of mine did the same. Initially I was impressed with the footage quality and ease of operation.

Unfortunately the camera has gradually began to misbehave i.e. it boots into a crash whenever turned on. This happened sporadically and now is nearly permanent with the odd exception of showing signs of life.

My colleague's cam also shows the same behaviour. We have swapped micro SD cards and it came back to life (thinking it was the card) but it took only a few tries and the same happened again.

The only way to turn the thing off is the rest switch. Most of the time, too, when it's plugged into the PC it is not recognised as a drive either.

Another oddity I found is when it did work it only recorded for a fe secs and then turned itself off.

In all cases the battery is fine. I opened it and gave the soldering a check, that looks OK too. Could be better, of course.

Formatted card and emptied directory - no effect. With or without tag.txt no effect.

This cam was once working perfectly well and recorded for over an hour.

has anybody made similar experiences or perhaps know what's the cause of this behaviour? I don't quite want to give up yet...

Can't wait to stick it on my model....

Regards

• 6 months later...
Advert

I wonder if you ever found out what happened as I have exactly the same issue. The camera will not record continuously but turns off after 2 or3 mins. Also it doesnt seem to like the vibration from my large glider tug (Zenoah 45) or it could be the spark ignition

• 4 weeks later...

I have 2 of these and suffered the same problem a few days after use, the only way i can keep mine working is leaving the outer casing off, i still have the occasional problems with turning it on but its alot better now, though it wont allow me to change the time or date , heres a recent video from it **LINK** the quality is ok but i still prefer my old trusty ipod thats reliable and bullet proof, though between flycam one eco and the eg002 i'd go with the latter due to better experience's

Scott