4 servo wing with ar6200

Help wanted ????

I have just purchased a dx8 transmitter to upgrade from my dx6i. Ive been flying my sunbird 60 with 4 servo wing using a servo reversing lead for the flaps on the throttle channel which worked just fine for crow braking but lacked the extra functions like different flight modes, hence the upgrade, having brought the dx8 I looked on the spectrum community site for a download of a 4 servo wing but was surprised when the setup states it requires a 7 channel receiver , but the throttle is not used. My question is why do you need a 7 channel receiver to do a job that a 6 channel receiver can do??

i haven't had any time to play with the dx8 yet but guess I'm going to have to do the mixes from scratch. Is there enough mixes to get all the 4 servo wing functions, including cruise, reflex and launch modes using a ar6200???

Many thanks

Tony

Advert

Spektrum DX 7 and 8 Glider set up.

Hi DX7 and DX8 glider pilots

If you have problems to set the DX7-8 up for 4 servo wing gliders.

I use this on my Vector lll and the F3J Trinitus glider on the DX7
and the Flyfly FOX on the DX8
Works great.

6 ch Reciver

The flaps are on the thottle stick.
When you use the elevator, the flaps is also mooving (snapflaps)
When you use the flaps, the elevator compensate. (for elevator trim)
When you use the ailerons, the flaps are also mooving as aileron.(all wing aileron)
Spoilers (up aileron, are on the flt mode switch) So full crow brake are possible if full flaps dont give enough braking.

My set up is:
wing setup is flapperons.
Aileron servos are in Aile and Aux

Flaps servos are in thro and gear.

The % in the mixing, are the settings I using in my Vector lll DX7, and may not be the perfekt setup you have to use in your glider, but it will be very close.
Max throw/ reversing/ subtrim, will change the % and +/ - set up

Mix 1
thro/gear +58% +88% This make the gear flap go with the thro flap.
(in the mix you have to offset the gear +125%)

Mix 2
aile/gear +23 +19 offset +11 This make the gear flap go as aileron

Mix 3
Aile/thro -18 -25 This make thro flap go as aileron.

Mix 4
Elev/thro +36 +24 This make the flaps go as Snapflaps

Mix 5
Elev/gear +36 +33 This make the flaps go as Snapflaps

Mix 6
Thro/elev 0 - 36 This give the elevator a bit down, when using the flaps.

Spoilers,
Are in the FLAP system MIX
Norm UP100% DH44% Spoilers Aileron up with elevator trim
land 0 0
Land 25% 0% termal flying

And if you also want the ailerons go as snapflaps, you can mix it in the Elev/flap MIX

And when using a 6 ch rx, the towing coupling are on a y lead together with the thro (OR GEAR, if it goes the wrong direction), so when giving full flaps I release the tow.

Good luck
S
And Peewhit gave this explanation.

Spektrum DX7 Program For Four Servo Wing

Gives flaps linked to ailerons for increased roll rate, ailerons linked to flaps for full wing camber, and crow braking (using the throttle stick) with elevator compensation.

This program is based upon setting the ailerons as flaperons
The instuctions are for a 6 channel receiver.
If using a 7 channel receiver you can substitute Aux2 for GEAR which then leaves the GEAR channel free.

Please note that the programmable mix numbers used MUST be exactly as stated, as 5 and 6 give a different effect to 1,2,3, and 4

Ailerons
Enable flaperon mixing
Right aileron to AIL channel
Left aileron to AUX1 channel

Flaps
Disable gear switch by setting gear servo travel to 0%,0%
Right flap to GEAR channel
Left flap to THROTTLE channel
Set up PMIX5 as THROTTLE master to GEAR slave with setting of 100%,100%
This links both flaps together.

Crow braking

PMIX1 throttle master to elevator slave for crow braking elevator down compensation.
Rates are top 0%, bottom – whatever you need for your required down elevator compensation.
Offset value +100%. This sets the “mid point” of the throttle to stick full up and crow is activated by pulling the throttle stick down.

PMIX2 throttle master to flap slave. As the ailerons are set up as flaperons, the flap channel controls the ailerons as flaps. This gives both ailerons up movement for crow braking.

The throttle stick drives the left flap directly and as the flaps are linked by PMIX5, both flaps will move when the throttle stick is moved.

Full wing camber
The ailerons are set up as flapperons – use the flap system setting for the correct amount of camber and reflex, operated by the 3 postion flap switch.
Set the aileron travel first.
PMIX3 flap master to throttle slave this is the flap movement for camber and reflex.
As the flaps are linked by PMIX5, both of them will move.

Flaps moving with ailerons
PMIX4 aileron master to gear slave – moves right flap with ailerons.
PMIX6 aileron master to throttle slave – moves left flap with ailerons.

• 2 months later...