T-Rex 250 canopy mounts

Robin Kearney

Hi,

This is probably a bit of a long shot but...

Does anybody in this forum have a TREX 250? A HK250 (Hobby King TREX 250 clone) has come into my possession, it was in quite a bad way but I've worked through almost all of the issues. One thing that I noticed last night is the left hand (looking from the back) canopy mount bolt is too short to extend past the elevator servo, meaning I can't attach the canopy to that side. I was wondering if somebody could measure their canopy bolts and also how far their pitch servo extends out from the outer edge of the frame. All I can think is either the bolt is short or the servo is too tall!

r.

Here we are,

the bolts are definitely 24mm as otherwise they would be too short. Even with 24mm it is a "just" fit.

Would like to insert a picture to show this - but today the forum doesn't like me...

Look at latest pictures - album Vecchio Austriaco - other photos and scroll down. the last two show the situation. You can see first the closed canopy and second the canopy bolt just overlooking the servo.

It depends certainly on the servos you have used as all have a different depth. By the way there are Graupner DES477BB used for nick, roll and pitch as well as for the tail. Not totally cheap but fast.

This heli is a nightmare to set up as it is difficult to find the right belt-tension. You can either be too loose - which could result in a nice pirouette during flight together with a toothless belt or too tight - which takes away power from the engine.

VA

The 250 even with Align's own DS410's is a tight fit around the servo on that shoring,i trimmed my canopy underneath where it latches to the frames by a few mm to keep it in one piece,but they are all so fragile at this size and performance-they weigh nothing.Even when happy there was some flex apparent at the canopy mounts,but it wasnt gonna fall off.

I would say that the DS410 dimentions are max...its same size as Hitec HS65hb/mg,Savox SH0257mg,DS420's among some others,i have seen them mounted on the other face of the frames to give clearance but you must consider the servo output too to keep it all lined up without binding,and the servo lugs.

I dont know if you are a 3D god? but i loved my Trex250 but love the small Gaui's even better.

Alex

• 1 month later...