Dinged Diamond 2500

Did it again. Lack of concentration, human error or pure stupidity; prepped the Diamond 2500 for flight but didn't carry out pre flight checks of the control surface. The ailerons were incorrectly wired in and the result was this;

I may just buy another fuze but it's £61.

Now, with regards to the broken flap; how is the best way to reattach??

Your thoughts please.

Advert

How is it hinged as standard SC.....just with a very thin section of the wing foam?

If so I would just cut it free, true up the surface with a sanding block & fit "normal" hinges. I would be tempted to use the "pin & leaf" type hinges rather than the furry cyano ones & use Epoxy to fix them (cover the hinge point in vaseline or similar to keep the glue out) & then maybe peg them with a cocktail stick if your paranoia becomes too great.....wink 2

I might be tempted to do the other side whilst you're at it too in the interests of similar movement for both flaps.....

Having finished and fired up the electrics, I am wanting to make a few cosmetic improvements.

I have sanded parts of the fuze where the glue escaped. In doing so I have taken the shine off the outside and left a slightly rough surface to the foam. Is there anything I can use to seal this back in and bring back the shine??

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...