Under powered motor

David Molineux

Advert

I'm just off out so this a quick comment but for a 6lb model the Kv of that motor seems too high. You'd be better off with a Kv of around 700 and run 4S with a 12x6 or thereabouts.........that should give you in the region of 5-600 watts which would be very comfortable with that AUW.thumbs up

Pete

I usually run my motors at a moderate %age over their limit on the basis that they usually have good cooling and I'm not constantly at 100% throttle. If you run the 10*5 especially considering the fact that in air it's not going to be pulling a static load so it'll be lower I think you (and your motor) should be fine

Problem solved!

I popped into my LMS today and picked up an 80A Overlander ESC. With it fitted, and with the 10x5 prop I get :

15V, 53A,790W. The motor was only luke warm after a few test runs too

I tried the 11x5.5 just to see but when it passed 60A at about 3/4 throttle I decided to abort and stick with the 10x5.

Thanks once again for all the help/suggestions. There seems to be a lot to learn in this hobby but with so many people willing to help it's that much easier.

Can't wait to get in the air again smiley

I wonder if my other motor would be any good in the Clean Sweep.........

David