Stevens AeroModel S-Pou!

So I lost the battle with my will power and started the S-Pou pretty much straight after finishing the LiddleRod.

I snapped a few pics during the (quick) build, just like the LiddleRod the model essentially clicks together without glue, simply running thin cyano around the joints when you have assembled a few bits.

In literally 10 mins, the fuselage is pretty much done!

Next up is the outline of the rear wing

Then the ribs are added, gluing at the front first then wrapping the frame over to the rear.

Front wings are assembled in two pieces, but int the same fashion.

This is where I failed to take any pics between this part of the build and the finished article!

Advert

Bill, I used Solarfilm SoLite, which coincidentally Micron also sell (I'm not sponsored by them, honest!). It is a very thin iron on film. Bit tricky to get the backing off sometimes and my lord does it stick to itself if you are not very careful! It is good stuff though, goes on easily and stretches a reasonable amount round curves etc. Just keep the iron cool (90-100 if I remember correctly).

According to the Micron site, the S-Pou can be fitted with the PZK3351 which is the receiver/servo/ESC module inside the Ultra Micro cub. I'm not 100% about the motor, I gutted a P51 for mine which has a slightly different motor to the Cub. Micron do supply the motor from the P51 for about a tenner though, so if yours doesnt fit you could order one of those. Both the P51 and the Cub use the same battery.

Thanks for the info Robin. I think the Mustang motor must be more powerful than the Cub because looking at the specs for the S-Pou it weighs 40g and the Mustang weighs 34.6g according to PKZ's specification, so at an AUW of 28.5g for my Cub it's motor isn't going to be suitable.