Bushwhacker former fit

Have just started on the build but have come acrossa problem in relation to formers F2 & F3. On the plan and in the article in July 2007 RCM&E it states that these formers are cut from 3/32" balsa.  Surely this is a mistake. 3/32" balsa would be far to light for these main formers.  On measuring the plans it would appear that the correct dimension should be 3/16" balsa.  Seems more logical to me.  Can this be verified please?

Advert

Hi Gerald, I couldn't find the thread either, no problem though. In the build article you will find mention of a platform for mounting the tailplane but no sign of it on the drawing, it is in fact just a piece of 1/16 balsa sheet that covers the under section of the fuselage to which the tailplan is glued. Also note that the hardwood eng. bearers need to be drilled to accept the engine bearer plate screws, do this BEFORE you glue them in place!

As to my Bushwacker build, I'm afraid I've only built the tailplane and fuselage so far, I'm hoping to make more progress this year( must spend a little less time on this forum)

All the best for the new year to you and yours. Allan J...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...