Drive set for a BB Junior 60 Electric

Hi all, Ordered my BB kit and would like some help choosing the drive set for the junior 60 to give a flight duration of 15 minutes. Having read the forum posts on this BB kit there seems to be a need for the rudder to be enlarged. Has this been worked into the kit. Is this mod really needed, comments please.

Mike.

Advert

hello mike and wellcome-i have a JNR60 with a 30 size 4st in it and its ample....you will need something like a 300 watt motor or less which will provide enough power...as for the rudder----- if the plan has been done for the radio conversion-the rudder should be set up......if not -let me/us know and i'll measure mine .........

here's a pic of mine....

ken anderson ne..1.. jnr 60 dept

Hi Ken, Thanks for your reply, firstly I would like to say what a beautiful model you have created and I am sure I am not the first to comment. I note your '60 is by Flair! is it the same as the Ben Buckle one? My kit has not arrived yet. As regard to the other parts of the power train would you care to comment please. I bought a book off the net 'How to build and fly electric model aircraft' being 'American' it is not very helpfully and does not go into the specification of the electric parts i.e. Battery, charger, ESC etc. Do you know of a book that details the selection of these parts? As to the forum I have read many posts and glad to be a member.

Mike.

mike there are many set ups you can choose from...the rule of thumb that most use/recommend is 100watts per lb....allthough in the JNR'S case..i would imagine 80 watts will suffice.....use the search facility on the forum here and read up on the electric power side of things...... then you'll have an idea what you want and also how much you want to lay out? ....you will need a motor/controller and a couple of batts.....here is worth a look....

ken anderson ne..1 .....JNR dept...

ps...if the all up weight when built is say 3lb......aim for 250 watt motor.....40 amp controller..and some 2200....3s lipo's...... this is an example and not the only set up to consider....i've just had a look and you can get some combo's(motor and controller) for £27.00....on the site i've put the short cut/link to...

Edited By ken anderson. on 28/06/2012 19:38:26

I have returned to this hobby after 50 years absence so I fancy building something from my era and 1 of 2 I am loking at is the leccy Junior 60. First issue with both possibilities is wing size. Won't fit the transport. SAolution is to split wing into 3 parts, 2 outers and centre section witrh built in diehedral section. Any suggestions as to best point to put the break on the outers nd secondly suggestions for joining method and locking together. suggestions appreciated.