New Piper Cub Plan Projections.... Literally....

Hi Guys..

The CH750 build is going slow, and I wanna throw summut together quicky (that's atleast a month in my model room) to play with..

I decided on a Piper Cub, as I have a growing love for my UMX Carbon Cub..

I found some plans... This is the main one i'm using for the outline..

01 main 3v plan

I'm using the wing profile from this one, as the above profile is more 'brick' shaped, scaled to match the 290mm chord..

02 wing section piper-l4-cub

Now....

I came up with the bright idea of using the projector to enlarge the pics.. Brilliant..

Even scaled it, so the fuse, from the rear of the cowl, to rearend is exacty 1 metre, the same size as my sheets of Depron..

04 plan - projected

I decided to stick together loads of sheets of A4, stick the giant sheet on the wall, and project the above pics, on said paper, and pencil it in... I found the sellotape, paper, got a table out, set up the pics on the projector...

Sat down, to start stickin, when Paul said

"Why don't you tape the Depron sheet the the wall instead"..

Genius..!!

So, with a 1mtr sheet lined up, I just penciled round... Took about an hour to do the Fuse, a wing, and tail feathers, including tracing the wing section off the Laptop, and drawing onto the Main...

05 plan - depron close

06 plan - depron full

Saved loads of time.... If it wasn't the bit of living room wall, used for the projector, I would have used a scalpel instead of a pencil, and saved even more time..

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

Edited By Cyclicscooby on 02/07/2012 00:17:40

Advert

Hi BBC,

The Keystone is an effect caused when things are projected from above or below causing one edge to be more stretched than the other, this is corrected on many projectors by some software...

Cyclic - great idea, really like that method of scaling. Pity I don't own a projector - suppose I could borrow one from work.