rodents made a nest with my model

bouncebounce crunch

I had a three quarter built and uncovered Rearwin Speedster ( from rcme plans, or ami plans? for speed 400 motor) five years have past, and i thought i would finish her and use a new brushless and lighter rc gear, but as i pulled the box down i could recognise wood shavings and finely shredded paper; to my disbelief the entire plan had been turned into a nest, along with both wingtips, one elevator half, one half a wheel spatt and wiring from a servo. the mummified carcass was also there. hope he choked on it !!

I'm still in shock, has this happened to others?

bbc.

Advert

I normally store my planes up high suspended from the ceiling of my garage and thus out of reach of my kids!. However I had my Parkzone Me109 down on my workbench for some maintenance and I left it overnight. Next day, I discovered that part of the cockpit had been eaten away by mice. I set traps and over the space of a week, I eventually caught 21 of the little beggars!!

Needless to say, I don't leave my foam planes down where the little furry ones can access them.

Edited By Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 24/07/2012 10:43:44

Our club has two foam electric powered trainers and two balsa and ply ARTF i/c trainers. The leading edge of the wing of our Eflite Apprentice was eaten away by mice. I contributed a spare wing bag and that put an end to that!

The other trainer is now suspended high off the ground and the mice have not worked out how to reach it.

The flying characteristics of the Apprentice don't seem to have been affected. Fine model!

i went to pick up my db moth fuselage off the kitchen table,but my daughter said don't as her pet rat was fast asleep in the back end of it.no damage at all (not a chewing type rat).she's done it about 3 times with 2 models.

got the most evil look off of her when i said the rats going flying one day.laugh