Beaulieu Flying

Aky208

Advert

You have to buy a 'Beaulieu Permit' from any of the Southampton Models Shops (Hobbystores or Mainly Plane 'n Trains) You also have to be a Member of the BMFA, and show your BMFA insurance before they will sell you a permit. At weekends you can buy a permit from 'Chuck' who puts up a windsock and drives a battered white caravanette. He is often there during the week too. Or Brian Targett, who is nominally in charge of permit issue.

Main thing is the insurance. Have it with you and have your £5 ready for the permit. Lasts from 1st January to 31st December.

I usually take my planes along when I am on holiday. Great flying site. You must have a permit tho' as previously described.

What do you mean, 'Take my planes on holiday?' People take their golf clubs on holiday and you cannot throw them anywhere near as far as a plane..... cheeky

See you there one day soon!

Pete

• 1 year later...

New news: Beaulieu Permits (required for flying at Beaulieu Airfield, New Forest, Hampshire) are now available via the Southampton Model club's website at www.southamptonmac.org.uk. There is full information there on what the site is like, the rules and regulations for flying and availability. You can get a personal permit online there for £5. The Beaulieu Model Flying Committee (BMFA approved) manages the site under licence from the Forestry Commission.

Richard Sharman, chairman BMFC