OrangeRX 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer

A great deal of my RC modelling life seems to be waiting for packages from HK. I'm currently waiting for, among other things, the RX3s stabiliser under discussion and a wireless buddybox system. This system uses two receivers onboard and two transmitters on the ground, switchable by the master Tx.

When these items arrive I can fly to a safe height on a bare Rx and then switch over to the stabilised Rx. If you have the space this seems like a safe way of setting up.

The buddybox was originally intended for checking a suspect Rx

• 3 weeks later...

I had a good go yesterday with the Orange one again. This time very solidly strapped down so it couldn't move in any way other than with the aircraft movement.

I have to say I'm still not impressed. It was pretty blustery a and windy. At some speeds it seemd to be helping keep the model stable but at times the model was moving as if affected by glitches. I tried three flights on ever lowering gain settings and it didn't ever fill me with any confidence.

Other clubmates were quite impressed with a 50p shaped loop I did

On the other hand, I did some tests a while ago in the same model with the 3 axis board frok HK - the bare circuit board one. Now that one really did make the model nice and stable in blustery conditions. So my next move will be to put that one back in just to confirm that it actually does help as I remember it did.

Hi all. smileyI have been posting elsewhere on this forum about using a very simple gyro fitted to the rudder and I have now posted two videos which show the plane rudder control surfaces with on-board video camera.

This thread is much more involved as my intention was to just "keep it very simple" however the use of an on-board video camera showing whats going on with the control surfaces helps a lot - even a key fob camera is a help. Just an observation. Regards Peter

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Help please

I got a the 3 axis v2 and tested on my futaba f6 35 MHz and it works perfect no problem but on my hitech 2.4 gz radio I am only getting the gyro to work that is when I move/shake the the 3 axis module all 3 servos work accordingly but I have no response on the sticks even with aux switch off basically I have no control of it

hope I have explained properly am I doing something wrong or is my hitech not compatible with it

Thanks in advance