Strengthening EPO foam ailerons

Have just baught an E P O MX2 model without any covering: (covering comes in large sheets to be applied by purchaser). Aileronsare quite large with very little torsional strength. Does any-one have any great ideas on making them more rigid apart from applying the the supplied "peel off"sheeting. On a smaller model i used 1.5mm. carbon rod glued to the trailing edge of the ailerons which seems to work well but the MX2 ailerons are much bigger. Suggestions please?

Advert

If you have the depth, knife a slit and insert a 10x0.5 carbon strip. The strip is held in by trickling thin CA from the top of a slightly slanted surface. DON'T use accelerant, and be prepared to stop before the end to allow seep to get there avoiding run out, but use a plastic sheet under the end anyway!!

Have done, but not much.......EPO and the various EPPs tend to be a bit resistant. First you have to get rid of any of the tiny pips and flash from moulding without roughning it too much, then I have used Balsaloc (and let fully dry) to get a better grip before filming commenced.

Hopefully others here will have filmed EPO more than me so can comment better.

Yes, pretty much any film is lighter than the PVC peel n stick!