How do I download October issue

Mike Hardy

• 11 months later...

David, I upgraded my subscription as per the inserted page that came with the August RCM&E. This was to allow download to mobile device ( iphone ect) and PC. This is clearly stated on the flyer. I was told that the upgrade would be available for me by the 12 Aug, but as yet I have not found a way to download. Any ideas?

Please correct if I am totally wrong: My understanding is that "Pocketmags" supply the downloads for the digital only subscription and this does allow download of the magazine to read and keep offline on iPad, Kindle, PC etc. ***Link***

The Print and digital subscription gives you access to the online archive and the magazine cannot be downloaded, it is for online viewing only. If you end your subscription you cannot read them.

In my opinion the difference is not made clear enough and I think that the adverts for the different subscription types are a bit confusing, for example. In the September issue on the subscriptions page (P30) it clearly says under the "PRINT + DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION" heading: "Download each new issue to your device" and "A 75% discount on your Digital subscription", but I have this subscription and have never figured out how to actually download the magazine to my device and I have never been sent information on how to do this - I can only read it online via the archive.

As I have said above please correct me if I am wrong or provide clear information on how Print + Digital subscribers actually "Download" like it says in the advert in the magazine

Edited By WolstonFlyer on 14/08/2013 22:04:27

Hi Hugh,

Anyone with a Digital or a Print + Digital Package can download the magazines using their subs number and their surname - http://www.modelflying.co.uk/digitalaccess

You should get an email/letter to advise you of this so I'll check with our people to make sure that these are going out. You'll have access to the Online Archive for the duration of your subscription.

Anyone who is on the old subscription (‘The Complete Package' will continue to have access to the Online Archive until next July, but will then need to upgrade to the Print + Digital package if they wish to continue their access (and be able to download issues of the mag). These folks are not entitled to the downloads (they need to upgrade if they want these).

There’s further info at www.modelflying.co.uk/faqs which our subs people are updating regularly.

Hope that helps.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 15/08/2013 09:48:55

David, thanks, after much head scratching I have got there. biggest problem was finding the 'Off Line Viewer'. I must admit was expecting to see the back issues or will they still be available to view via this site after July next year? It will be a great loss if they are removed.

Regards Hugh

• 5 weeks later...

David, I tried today to download the September issue for reading off line. I can see the issue and I can read it on line at pocket mags, but there is no download. I have contacted them and have been told - quote "I am sorry to say that there is no download service available to digital magazine, but the magazine which are purchased will be permanantly stored in your account. Best Wishes Dan Brown." I am somewhat confussed.