Any opinions on the Bantam e-Station BC6

Stevie_T

Hi

I have just returned my RC/Power 601bc charger after having a number of issues with it and am now concidering the Bantam e-Station BC6.

Does anyone use this charger and if so how would you rate it?  I thought I would get some feedback on this unit before I rushed out to buy one (this time!).

Any info would be gratefully received.

Advert

I have had the Bantam for about 2 months,very impressive.

If you scan all the US forums you will see overwhelming support for the Bantam against all its many clones.

A couple of reviews for you to peruse.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735847

http://www.rcaccessory.com/pdf/bc-6_review.pdf

Marginal was probably the wrong word.

What I was trying to infer was that when taking a charger to the field 11ozs is not a lot to get concerned about, the dimensions between the two are not a great deal.

I initially had a Bantam clone which I was unhappy with this was returned and exchanged for the B6.

Timbo

From what I can gather the clones do vary in accuracy, you were fortunate in the one you reviewed was OK

Yes I believe you are right El. This os probably down to the use of wide tolerance components such as resistors and the like...however, some folk do seem to get a bit steamed up about a few hundredths of a volt here and there, and anyway who's to say their meter is accurate to begin with?... He Ho.

I hate to say that, but El, those BC6 review are just reproduction of their manual to tell the features whereas Tim's review is a scientific testing of the IMAX B6, in addition to Tim's one, there is another scientific review about the IMAX B6, they probvide real life testing and I would say their data are from abuse testing of the charger.

For me, as a novice flyer, the charger did provide safe, ease of use, fairly accruate and most important, stays within my budget. I use it to charge to packs in series at field and even I just take the lowest cell voltage as a reference point, I still have fun.

BC6 has a problem of its own, a 50W charger for that price is a bit too much.

• 1 month later...
Well it can actually be very good way of detecting the peak of NiMh cells, which have far less tolerance over overtemp than nicads. However, as I said, it is really only an extra feature that should NOT be required in normal operation - I for one have not bothered with it, expecting that it would become simply another lead /gadget /whatever gathering dust in a box somewhere shortly after its first use.