Postage Costs and delivery time.

Hi All

I have purchased a eflite advanced 25e and spinner from 4-max and postage was listed at £10.74. Ok a little steep compared to others but I like the service from George, always good with advice. I did some hunting and couldn't find the two together and seperate postage was going to be about the same, so I ordered from 4 Max.

I received an email this morning say that the items have been sent RM Standard Parcels (3-5 working days)! I wished I'd paid the extra because they were both next day delivery! The website says that they are dispatched 1st class post (registered depending on the value) which is different to the type of postage stated in the email.

I'm going to see what the postage charges are and how long it takes, i'll keep the thread posted with the details.

I think you'll find a some retailers try to absorb the postage costs into the products. For example, www.hobbystores.co.uk has free postage for orders over £30 - now we don't expect that they get postage themselves for free!

I would imagine that George/4-Max are quoting the actual price they get charged for postage - rather than trying to absorb the costs into the products profit margins.

Cheers,

Si.