Raiders Of The Lost Kit

Marc Freullet

OMG! was up in the loft clearing out some old junk & in true Indiana Jones style clearing the cobwebs & avoiding the giant (they really were) spiders, & after moving a mountain of junk came across a long thin box. What could this be? I really had no idea. got it down & into the daylight wiped at least 1/2inch of dust off the lid & low & behold a David Boddington Cyrrus Moth kit I had completely forgotten about. This it is about 20 years old & is 48" span for .15 to.20 engines. I bought it at a model show somewhare with loads of other stuff and its never been opend untill now. The plan is now vintige yellow in colour & instructions looked hand typed the wood has gone a deep yellow cream colour too. Does balsa improve or deteriate with age? it all looks in pretty good nick.What next? when I get a chance may build this into an electric version or maybe I should build it as it was meant to be? or maybe Ill put it back in the loft for another 20 years, who knows.

Advert