Hitec Aurora 9 - SOFTWARE UPDATE v1.09(0)

Simon Chambers

Hi Ken,

You use one of these widgets:

Hitec HPP-22

Buy from FastLad + many other retailers (probably your LMS can get them too)

Bit of pain to have to buy - however it does also do your Hitec Spectra 2.4 module and your Optima 7/9 receivers. If your receivers are a half a year or older, its possible that they're not on the latest version anyway - so may be worth checking to update. Its a better system than Spektrum's though - where you need to send the transmitter back for RF+Receiver software updates. I believe you can send it J Perkins to be updated if needed - but I guess they may charge, you'd have to check with your LMS.

All my models stayed put, it didn't loose or alter any. However as Spektrum users have found out, double check your models before you fly to make sure that trims, etc haven't been altered. They shouldn't, but I would double check before you commit a model to air.

Cheers,
Si.

Also before I forget, you'll need a mini-usb to USB lead such as this:

You may already have one kicking around from a Digital Camera/Mobile-phone/etc - however if you don't you can usually pick them up very cheap in Poundland/eBay/etc. Don't bother spending ££ in PC World/Dixons for one, they're all (nearly) the same!

Cheers,

Si.

I don't think they've updated their website with the latest changes.

If you download the HPP-22 Software here - **LINK** the software automatically downloads the latest Firmware (i.e. V1.09) when you plug in your transmitter to update. When there is a software update available, when you next load the software, you get a window pop up as above.

Cheers,
Si.

Just a little comment to all Aurora9 "updaters":just be aware to update all 3 items: Tx, Module and Rx, otherwise you won't have all the offered features such as new telemetry issues like airspeed, etc. I recently discovered that if you do not update your module you might be unable to bind to newer Rx. On my older/spare optic 6 Tx with spectra module firmaware 1.07 I was unable to link a new Minima 6E Micro Receiver. And an additional comment to Hitec: I'm sure all users would love a clear, organized and structured firmware up-date web site/page. What is offered till now is absolutely confusing, you only discover new updates and features by casuality, for this otherwise superb transmitter.

• 6 months later...

Hi all. I don't own a PC (confirmed Apple Mac user for over 10 years) and I'm wondering if the updates can be done using a MacBook. I read the instructions and it says to connect your PC but there's no mention of operating system. Will it all work with a Mac?

The alternatives is to borrow a PC. Hmmmmmm.

Ian