Sirius XL vs. Easyglider

Hi

I've been looking at progressing to my next model and have decided on an electric glider being a good option - have narrowed the search down to 2 the Sirius XL and the Easyglider.

There are loads of reviews and details about the Easyglider, but hardly anything on the Sirius XL. So, has anybody bought / flown the Sirius? What are the pros and cons? I know the Easyglider is a cool plane, but the Sirius seems more stable with the fibreglass and has more weight / wingspan to allow for windy days.

Your thoughts?

V

Advert

• 4 weeks later...

I've got an easyglider electric for over a year, so far the only damage is some mud stains on the belly. It really does fly hands off, youre only likely to crash on take off and if you did it would lust bounce. The new Easyglider PRO looks even better - no gearbox - less noise.

I have an easy glider electric which flies beautifully and will cope easily with wind up to about 12mph with no ballast.

Actually, I am on my second one due to the tail feathers falling off at about 100ft - elapor foam is pretty indestrustible, but will not withstand that.

If you do get an easyglider, make sure to use CA glue and KICKER for the assembly - I didn't use kicker the first time round and the tail literally became unstuck.

I did use kicker for the second one and have had no problems.

For the battery, get the biggest capacity you can afford. I have a FlightPower Evo 25 which is a 2S Lipo with 3300MAh capacity. This has not yet run out over many sessions with 12+ launches.

With the aelerons used as spoilerons, the easyglider is a doddle to land.

Hope this helps,

Peter,

The EasyGlider flies really well and survives landings really well, which is what you want.  Previously I had a glider with a balsa-and-covering wing and it's disheartening when they break so easily.  The EasyGlider Pro would be the one to go for.  Don't be put off by the 'Easy' in the name, it's an impressive model which can go fast as well as slow and can tackle a range of wind speeds. 

Ditto everything said so far, the Easy Glider is a great model. I have strengthened mine with a carbon rod core in the fusalage and added carbon strip to the rudder and elevator which removes any flex and gives much crisper response. Overall a great all round model, looking forward to the Cularis review next month then I will move up, you cannot go wrong here Vince.