Low on Power and poor throttle response

I`ve done some more measurments and the internal resistance is showing as 0.5 Ohms. Not as low as it should be perhaps, but it may be due to the leads and connectors rather than the internal wiring of the motor.

I`m confident that I`ve programmed the ESC correctly and as it does what it is supposed to do in this respect, I think its working ok. So that leaves the motor. I`ll buy another one. At worst I`ll just end up with a spare.

Thanks all again for your help.

• 4 weeks later...
Advert

Just a quick update for those interested.

I demonstrated the problem to one of our electric gurus at the club. He says that the ESC has a number of transistors which activate as the throttle is opened and in the process allow more power through to the motor. He reckons that some had probably gone o/c and that was the cause of the low power and poor throttle response. I know a little electronics and it made sense to me. Anyhow a new ESC has brought everything back to normal.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I now have a better understanding of all this electrickery. thumbs up