Hobbyking Foamie Hurricane

Garbo

I am a little puzzled about your comments on the original motor etc as mine is as supplied and produces over 200 watts (243 at max throttle on the bench). The recommended HK battery gives good flight times (well over 6 minutes) even with a few aeros thrown in, without overstressing the battery so I feel you may have other issues.

Half power on the original set up is on the edge as the model needs a bit of speed. I agree its a bit twitchy but use exponential to suit, on ailerons and elevators. I use 30% but try to be gentle on the controls.

Adding the weight of a larger battery seems a waste to me as a small amount of lead to bring the CofG forward a little still means it is carrying less overall weight. The metal weights behind the original motor have always been there to balance it from the factory.

If your flying a tail heavy aeroplane your asking for hard work. That's what a CofG is for, balance the model! You don't have to fly it as it comes out of the box.

It is what it is, a foamy and I would agree the props are useless and am thinking of a two blade. I have taken the undercarriage out as this winters grass has proved to much for it although the motors work still work well. I have replaced the radiator moulding for a home made foam item which is something to hold for a hand launch.

My biggest gripe is the servos/ control surfaces move their neutral and continually need retrimming although there is not a lot of slop.

Flying, well it is a warbird don't slow it up as it drops a wing quickly keep the approach for landing with a little power on and the nose down and flare only to touch down.

I think a two blade prop of the same diameter and pitch may prove to give a similar performance but will let you know when I break this my last three blade.

Advert