Hobbyking Foamie Hurricane

Garbo

Advert

Hummm, the Hurri is only listed as being available from the UK warehouse (at a nice price indeed teeth 2).

BUT when you go to order you get stuffed for £32 shipping from China!!!! Plus you do not get the option to pick up (its a long way to China!). What gives???

Reckon for 'UK' you should read 'International'. sad

Posted by Tony Read 2 on 04/12/2012 13:19:18:

Hummm, the Hurri is only listed as being available from the UK warehouse (at a nice price indeed teeth 2).

BUT when you go to order you get stuffed for £32 shipping from China!!!! Plus you do not get the option to pick up (its a long way to China!). What gives???

Tony dont know what your doing wrong but let me give you a tip.

On the lefthand side there is a serch box, type in Hawker Hurricane and two listings will appear one of the choices will be the UK warehouse stock, try it it works.

But to help here is the direct link

You are logged into the International Warehouse, not the UK Warehouse, either as Garbo says, or select your Location on the front page, top left hand corner as UK....then you will ONLY see what the UK Warehouse stock.

Posted by Scott Cuppello - HobbyKing on 04/12/2012 17:36:31:

You are logged into the International Warehouse, not the UK Warehouse, either as Garbo says, or select your Location on the front page, top left hand corner as UK....then you will ONLY see what the UK Warehouse stock.

No, this is what I did:

went to HK home page.

Chose' Planes' then 'Warbirds' from the menu on the LHS.

This brings up all warbirds and all the warehouses that stock them.

The Hurri is on page 3 and when I looked on the 4th only the UK warehouse was listed. If you do the same today the UK and European warehouses are listed.

Will ignore this route in the future and just log onto the UK warehouse. Sorted. teeth 2

Mine arrived yesterday and initial view is its really nice but not sure about the navigation lights.

It was double boxed and even though the wing tips are close to the edges there was no damage. My pilot appears to have been shot or drunk as he was slumped forward, a little tricky to get at but a bad of hot glue should perk him up a bit.

P.S. Hobby king any chance of the pilots as a standalone product they are quiet good?

I commissioned mine today and it all works except for the retracts which remain resoutely retracted whatever I do with the "gear" switch. I'm using a Spektrum DX6i transmitter and an Orange receiver. I'll try substituting a genuine Spektrum receiver to see whether that makes any difference. If not then the fault either lies with the transmitter or with the landing gear itself.

Anybody else got any ideas?

Posted by David Davis on 09/12/2012 21:06:31:

I commissioned mine today and it all works except for the retracts which remain resoutely retracted whatever I do with the "gear" switch. I'm using a Spektrum DX6i transmitter and an Orange receiver. I'll try substituting a genuine Spektrum receiver to see whether that makes any difference. If not then the fault either lies with the transmitter or with the landing gear itself.

Anybody else got any ideas?

It's just a thought - have you tried reversing the Gear channel?

Pete

Hi David.

Try plugging the retracts into another channel to check functionality. Put them into the aileron channel and then wiggle the TX aileron control from one stop to the other. Make sure when you plug it in and move the control, you have it full in one direction, and then make sure you slowly move it to the other sto and hold it there. If the gear comes down the you now t is either the TX or RX gear channel. If it doesn't move, (assuming the ailerons worked when they were originally plugged into the aileron channel in the RX), then you know it is the gear or the Y-lead running to the retracts themselves.

Piaf you are able to disconnect the Y-Lead (if there is one), the you can try and cycle each gear leg ndervidually.

Problem solved, the Y lead is faulty.

I removed the Y lead and found that I hadn't a spare one so subsituted an ordinary extension lead and plugged that into the starboard undercarriage leg. I operated the "gear" swich and the landing gear worked. I then swapped the extension lead to the other leg and that operated too.

I'll get in touch with HK for a replacement Y lead.

After sending a request to Hobby King for a replacement Y lead, it occurred to me that I could test the lead by hooking it up to a spare batterry, two servos and my servo tester. This I duly did and guess what, both of the servos worked! I then refitted the Y lead to the model, connected it all up and with a bit of extra pushing and shoving I managed to get the retracts working.

I hope to fly the model later in the week.

Apologies to Hobby King, I didn't think of using my servo tester to test the Y lead until after I'd contacted them.

David

This is good and bad! You've got it working but didn't get to the actual problem - was it just poor connection or something more serious?? Suggest you really inspect and "fiddle" with the connectors to make sure there isn't an underlying problem, otherwise it will come backto bite you!

Martin ( 35 years of engineering has taught me that it will come back to haunt you unless corrected at source!)

I've been doing a bit of digging on that particular machine (the full size one that is). It's NOT a Mk IIb as stated - it's actually a Canadian built Mk XII (Packard Merlin variant of the IIa). The giveaway is that it only has 8 gun ports - the IIb had 12.

The colour scheme is both correct and wrong at the same time. As a model of G-HURY, it's correct, but as an original MkII of the period, the brown is several shades too light for the 'sand and spinach' of the period.

Just me being pernickety really cheekywinklaugh

Ohh you are a bit pernickety arent you !!

from all accounts its in the correct colours even though its stated "tropical" times were hard and they went out in the green/brown and there was no time/resources to change the colour scheme, not sure about the actual shades of the green/ brown.

mine will bear the scars of flying and glue lines and dodgy repairs are inevitable as I get bolder with the flying malarkey

Actually what it isn't is a IIb Trop (it doesn't have that dirty big Vokes filter fitted) and, as I said, it's four guns shy of being a IIb anyway. The brown was 'Dark Earth' (the model is Light Earth) but, again, it's based on the repaint job of G-HURY (which actually is a Mk XII) so as a model of G-HURY in it's present colour scheme it's accurate - as a model of a IIb of the period, it ain't (crazy world ennit? laugh)

Oh and no Spitire or Hurricane ever had a neat pillar box red rectangle round the gun ports - the Erks slapped on a strip of fabric using red primer after the guns had been fired, so it was neither bright red nor nicely squared off)

Edited By Daithi O Buitigh on 15/12/2012 11:04:57