Receiver data sheet/operation information

Gents, Ladies.

I am looking to design and build a set of nav lights for my model.

I am going to use a microporcessor to control the function but want to switch them on/off with my transmitter.

I have a *insert one of a number of brands* 9X with 8ch receiver.

Does anyone know where i can find a data sheet detailing the output signal from the receiver or the signal that a servo receives?

Cheers in advance.

Advert

Nothing is really standardised, as each manufacturer does things differently. On 2.4GHz systems, the spec will depend on the receiver manufacturer and the transmitter manufacturer.

Modern receivers output at 3.3v - however that should be high enough to trigger a logic HIGH even on 5v input.

Centre is usually 1.5ms - however some use 1.52ms.

Full servo range is usually 0.9ms to 2.1ms (EPA at max). Normal range is usually 1.2ms to 1.8ms. Both of these depend on the transmitter/receiver manufacturer.

Servo Pulse is repeated every 18ms to 25ms - again depending on the manufacturer and channel count. Usually the repetition rate is around 20-22ms.

General description: 

Note that the servo direction depends on the manufacturer too! Futaba and Hitec go opposite ways. However generally speaking, most ESC's will take 1ms at minimum position, and 2ms as maximum.

Si.

Edited By Simon Chambers on 22/10/2012 15:18:41

Cheers for the info gents.

I am a member of the 9x forum and resisted posting there straight away as its more about the Tx than Rx.

I have however done so now.

That being said Simon's comments rings true with what i suspected went on and gives me a good base to work with when i start to test the unit with Rx in place.

Cheers again!