Funcopter

Fingerless

I took of the tail assebly after i broke a blade, now i cant get it to stay on, been over a year now cant get any help from the Perth Club in Scotland they only fly planes there, if i ask anyone for help a Glazed look comes over there eyes and they change the subject, i even offered a bottle of Whisky to anyone who can help me on U Tube.

I have all the manuals and diagrams for the Heli but im just get a headache trying to read it, what i need is a video of someone assembling one so i could copy it, but not much chance of that im thinking, seen it done for other Helis i get the impression that the Funcopter is not such a popular model, thanks for reading here is the link to U tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwzGBnqYlPU&feature=share&list=UUv4rWDRiS7uHUFs0xAEM1fA

Advert

Hi fingerless

I've had a look at you video and looked at the tail section in the pdf,It's hard to tell on the video but the only thing i can see is that when you move the blades the pitch adjuster is sliding free on the shaft that actuates it (the shaft that goes through the middle) it needs the grub screw tightened so the pitch adjusts when you pull/push the rod from behind the head.

if thats not the prob then give us some more info and a close up picture so we can see better.

Hi Fingerless, if you fill in you're profile on here and then message me, i'll either be able to fix it or send you to one of my helicopter friends who lives in Scone next to Perth, i dont do whisky haha only my good dark ales! If you're club cant help you to fly and you want help then i'll help you learn, i havent flown the funcopter, but i do own a few trex's and the raptor 90, i feel sorry that you have had to go through all this bother with youtube ect to get help! I know a few members at the perth club and am sad to see knobody could help,

Hope to hear from you,

Regards,

Scott

Ps Im just down the road in Edinburgh

Edited By scott finnie on 22/11/2012 22:28:46

Many thanks for the help i made another video mabye that may clarify, im ok with planes but Helis are a completely different beast, i fell for the hype about the Blade 400 being ready to fly out of the box, thats another one i cant fly but at least no crashes with it, have a Raptor as well but just left that in the garage, i prefer the electric like my planes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cmkpfl8XyE&feature=share&list=UUv4rWDRiS7uHUFs0xAEM1fA

Hi Fingerless

On page 24 of the pdf manual (link in the post above) it looks a bit like component 27 (the pitch slider bushing) has a slot in it for the collet grub screw to tighten down on the shaft.

If that is true then you might just need to align the grub screw in the slot to make it tighten up.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Funcopter tail to work at long last was a simple fix the two long threaded bolts that go into both rudder blades have to screwed into the main rudder bar so im told, was a 5 min fix, i had been unable to fly it for over a year now because of it, anyway i was thinking i will just fly and probably crash it, i have a simulator but i find that a bit of a bore to use so was thinking of learning some pratice on the E-Flite Blade mSRX, before i move on to the Funcopter or the Blade 400 i have.

The Blade 130x looks nice to but not sure if i could lear on it, as usual the videos i have seen of it look great, but there usually flown by an expert, so what do you think?