DX8 settings for Blade MSR X and Blade Nano

Fingerless

Can anyone advise me where i can get settings for the above models suited for a beginner, i got the MSRX settings from the Spektrum website, there are so many that have problems with the stock setting, i did start it up but it went all over the place like most of my Helis, taking my time with these two models, i even ordered Micro training gear just to be on the safe side.

Some said that you cant use trim on these models, only the rudder is that correct? Every video i look at has different settings, thanks for reading this.

Advert

Use the setup provided in the manuals but try lowering the rates a bit, perhaps down to 60% rates and increase the expo slightly. This will "tame" down the settings.

You will need lots and lots of practice because helicopters do "go all over the place"

I could send you my Blade Nano settings file from my DX8 if you would like? Send me a PM with an email address. Sending the file will be easier than typing it all in here.

I have three flight modes setup on the F.Mode switch

1. - Fixed Pitch with "tame" settings and slower head speed

2 - Collective "Normal" mode, zero throttle stick stops the rotors and just slightly negative pitch

3 - Collective "Stunt" mode - constant throttle with pitch set for hover a middle stick

Throttle hold switch enabled

Two different rates for DR/Expo on the Flaps switch

You dont get any settings for the MSRX just about dual rates for the Transmitter they ship with the RTF version, there is an E Book you can get for 9 dollars here. I will take your settings for the Nano when you have the time and thanks for the advice.

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/blade-msr-tips.html

TheMSRX is "interesting". As Wolstonflyersuggests desentise it with rates and expo.I put mine to one side for three months - then I found the fix. Extend the aileron link about 3 turns and reduce the elevator link by 1 turn. As if by magic it becomes almost flyable. It will now do almost fairly fast piroettes in both directions without flying straight back at me!

For all the technical stuff and much else check out the rcgroups forum.

Don't be disheartened.I'm currently flying a MSRX, Nano, MCPX, and Blade 300.Havn`t progressed much beyond hovering with any of them, although I now have over 50 flights and 4 hours on the 300. Just about to repair and upgrade the Funcopter.

Fingerless

The MSRX does not really need any special settings, the default heli throttle curve is fine and none of the servos need reversing or anything.

You could try dual rates at 65% or 75% and 30% expo to tame it a bit.

You should have an email with my Nano CPX file for the DX8

Rod,

very interesting about changing the linkage lengths, I guess that mechanically compensates for the servo's resetting when you use the rudder. The AS3X will compensate for the linkage lengths while flying but when the swash resets there will be a bit of mechanical angle set to the swash to reduce the problem.

I will have to give that a go tonight.

Cheers

Fingerless

Funcopter has been out of commission for a long time awaiting spares (eventually sourced from a model shop in Germany a couple of weeks ago - good service and cheap).It will be the new year before it takes to the air though.

As an aside ,Danny Lock, (ace 3d pilot and invitation only competitor at the World Masters) checked out the Funcopter for my wife Heather - for it is hers - when we got it last year. As he handed her the transmitter his only comment was "If you can fly that you can fly anything". We are still trying.

Another thing to look out for is the swash setup. If you take a close look at the inner ring output balls, you will notice they are different measurements across. In the photo below, the vertical balls are wider apart than those sitting horizontally. Fitting the control arms to the narrowest ones will tame the heli a bit without the need for any programming.
Nick