Weston UK Cap 232 build blog

Tom T

Hi All,

So it begins!

This is going to be the build blog of the Weston UK Cap 232 kindly donated to me by a very nice gentlemen (not sure if I am allowed to say his name). So far I have read the review article in the 1999 issue of RCME and have had all the parts surrounding me in the 'workshop'. Really can't wait to get started, can't really believe how much this kind gentlemen has given me, I really can't thank him enough!

Throughout the thread I hope to post a full build blog and show first flights. I will take some pictures later so you can all see how the model is at the moment and what I look to do with it. Hoping to have it flying by spring so its going to be a busy few months, I hope to rope in a professional builder to help me out a little with covering etc but the rest I will be doing myself.

More to come....

Thanks

Tom

Specs are as follows

Name:- CAP 232

Type:- Scale aerobatic

Manufactured Weston UK Sittingbourne, Kent

Wing Span:- 1630mm (64’&rsquo)

Wig Chord:- 370mm (14.5’&rsquo)

Fuselage Length:- 1550mm (61’’

C of G:- 4’’ from leading edge

All-up Weight:- 9.5lb

Required no of channels:- 4

Control Function:- Aileron (one servo for each ), Elevator ( two recommended) ,Rudder, Throttle.

Engine Range:- 15 - 25cc

Edited By Tom T on 13/01/2013 14:47:20

Edited By Tom T on 13/01/2013 14:47:43

Edited By Tom T on 13/01/2013 14:49:58

Advert

Thanks, it should be fun to do! I think I will probably cover myself, I need to learn at some point aha, just may get some assistance with it .

Engine wise, i am not to sure. I was looking around for an OS. 108 but I don't think they make them anymore, I'm not sure what engine, what do you think would be best?