Electric Parasol Sport

Encouraged by Tim Hoopers Citabria and Majors Corben I am really keen to design and build a Golden Age Parasol Sport. Brushless powered it is to be a 40", 4 channel, balsa and ply construction semi aerobat. I have always included dihedral on my builds but I intend to reduce this to about 3 or 4 degrees with the hope that a near scale flight profile may be acheived. Pictured below are the wings. They will swept by 6 degrees. I shall start the centre section with caban mountings next.

Parasol Wings

Advert

Hi Tim, No plans as such I'm afraid, but I do rough sketches that I can pin onto and build as I go. I do however make sure that all the maths is correct and weights, balance and incidence alignments etc. are accurately assesed before committing to build. It's all the free flight stuff I learned plus all the homework I've had to do with regards to electric powered radio controlled flight.. This will however be my first RC aircraft build so I do expect to encounter the odd problem, which only adds to the fun I suppose.

Ruprect

• 1 month later...