DB Cirrus Moth 20E

Dale Gibson

Advert

Hi Dale

I didn't build or fly this one. I didn't even fly my own DB kit yetwink.

Before purchase from DB i did a little research. Every single kit gets very good reviews from modellers here in UK, in Poland, in some other places too. You won't be sorry.

I think I've seen some vids of this kit on YT, it might be worth checking, especially some comments under.

Cheers

Tom

Hi again Dale.

Before I started Corben, I have done two Shakface (IC and EP), started PZL-104 Wilga, but very quickly gave up, finished little Scamp and few Guillows kits and started Phonix D.III - as You can see, not much really. Corben proved to be good model for first proper build and I would highly recommend it. Cheap, quite big, ticks all boxeswink. But as I said before - all DB kits seem to be very good quality (that's what people say...), the choice is just and only Yours and it might be a difficult onewink.

Regards

Tom

Hi Dale,I am new here and to building and just started my "first proper" build. A "DB SPORT" sopwith pup e,40" span. I looked at the kits listed and settled on the pup.I look at all posts here with DB in the title,looking for tips etc.

The quality of the cutting and parts is excelent.I have found a couple of things to cause me probs BUT this is proberly due to my lack plan reading and know how.These are manual quite basic and some parts dont match the plan.I think a more seasoned builder would move parts to fit and ignore the plan BUT i just made new parts,only been straight easy bits.I would deffo buy DB again and already looked at the site for my second "proper" kit.

Again this is just the opinion of a novice builder.

Hi Dale

I like building and I am a fan of the DB kits and have made up a couple of them, the DB Tinker and the DB Cirrus Moth 40. The Tiggy Moth is prob next. The Cirrus Moth is a dream to fly , it has great presence in the sky.

The kits are very good but do assume some building expertise. This forum has many knowledgeable contributers who are more than willing to help and Eddie from DB has never failed to come up trumps.

Hope this helps .

Cheers

Roger

Edited By Roger 2 on 25/02/2013 16:23:18

Hi Dale,

I built one of the original Moth 20 kits about 20 years ago, before laser cutting etc was about and it was a very straightforward build that can only have been made even better by modern manufacturing techniques.

Although mine was OS 26FS powered at the time I've often wondered about building another for electric which has moved on immensely since then. The flying qualities are superb on just 3 channels and the model looks very much the part in the air, especially with a little scale detail such as elastic rigging wires added.

I doubt you'll be disappointed!

Cheers, Pete