Problem - no power to motor

Advert

A couple of things to go through the basics:

1. Check that the ESC connector is plugged in the correct way.
  2. Make sure the receiver is bound properly - plug in a servo and make sure it moves.
  3. When powering on, the throttle stick needs to be at minimum.
  4. The End Points and especially the idle trim may need reducing.

I'd put my money on the end point/idle trim not being set correctly. The ESC won't arm (and hence beep), unless the throttle is at minimum.

Si.

I suspect you have not calibrated the Throttle limits. This is a common first step for many ESC.

DO NOT DO IT WITH PROP ATTACHED

From the Manual (page 7):

Powering Up the ESC for the First Time
Setting the automatic calibration
The JP EnErG Pro ESC features Automatic Throttle Calibration to attain the smoothest throttle response and resolution throughout the entire throttle range of your transmitter. This step is done once to allow the ESC to “learn and memorize” your Transmitter’s throttle output signals and only repeated if you change your transmitter.
X 1. Switch your Transmitter ON and set the throttle stick to its maximum position.
X 2. Connect the battery pack to the ESC. Wait for about 2 seconds, the motor will beep for twice, then put the throttle in the minimum position, the motor will also beep, which indicates that your ESC has got the signal range of the throttle from your transmitter.
The throttle is now calibrated and your ESC is ready for operation.

As it is the motor that squeaks to give an audio indication of various ESC functions, could it indeed be the motor that is somewhat irresolute here? Something in the nature of an open circuit where there shouldn’t in fact be an open circuit, perhaps?

I only ask because it generally pays to isolate the fault to the smallest possible area first, otherwise you might be looking in the wrong place for a very long time…….

Good Luck!

PB