Spray Painting my flight box

Advert

It's made of wood: says so here. Actually that page very usefully gives pretty much all the information you need to build one without the expense of buying the actual kit...one for my archive, I think

Is it worth faffing about with compressors just for a flight box? I suppose if you have a snazzy design in mind; but otherwise I'd just grab a brush and slap on some Dulux, in which case you should start by applying primer to the bare wood, then apply undercoat then liquid gloss paint, or skip the undercoat and use one-coat or exterior gloss, or satin finish paint.  Exterior will really keep the rain off, since you might find that satin suffers after some wet flying-field exposure.

Eric-Sorry I should have said its made of wood.

Tony-No It is not realy worth the hassle of getting the air compressor out.But it is allright for experimenting on for my first attempt of spray painting,if I make a mess it doesn`t matter,If I make a mess on my Piper Cub it would.

Is Dulux fuel proof?

I once painted the wings on one of my planes with Polyurethane paint,no problems with fuel .Did not even crack(on Solarfilm)

ALLEGEDLY ordinary household paint like Dulux is fuel-proof, but I've never tried it myself.  Sorry, can't remember where I read this, but I do remember distinctly someone saying that they had used it successfully.

Indeed  your flight box would be a good thing to practice spraying with!  Didn't think of that angle...