Futaba 6EXA Tx

Ken Tarran

Hi All,

I need a bit of help to clarify the situation re. my Futaba 6EXA Tx and PPM Mode. Today I have bought a JR RS70 Auto-scan  PLL-Synthesizer FM 7ch Rx. I went with the intention of buying a standard  6ch single conversion Futaba Rx into which I would have inserted a standard single conversion Xtal.

I was persuaded by the owner of the model shop that the JR Rx, mentioned above, would be a much better and more up to date solution in that it doesn't require a Xtal, it locks on to my Tx automatically and would be compatible with my 6EXA Tx.

Having got home and read through the Tx manual and sought info. off the web, I can't find any reference to PPM mode, which is presumably what I will need for this particular Rx to function.

If any one can offer me some advice on this one, I would be eternally grateful. My suspicion is that I will be returning to the model shop and doing a swap for the one I had intended to buy in the first place!!

Looking forward to your comments.

Kind regards,

Ken

Advert

OK

on my 6EX TX you go into setup buy pressing the two bttons at the same time.

then press the select button twice

it should then say PULS on the screen with either PCM or PPM flashing beneath,

use the +/- slider to select PPM or PCM.

This is how my T6EXAP works. It may be that you have a different model. I did not think that Futaba made a PCM only version of the 6EX,

Bruce 

Bruce and Richard,

There is no mention of PPM/PCM selectable at the bottom of the black plastic frame around the LCD screen on mine. All it says INH=inhibit(off) FP=Flaperon V-V-Tail EL-Elevon CL-Clear

Sounds as though this is a different model of Tx. It clearly states Futaba digital proportional radio control system and T6EXA.

Ken

Ken, you are right, the  T6 EXA is FM (PPM) only, although I have never seen one, take the receiver back to the shop and explain. (Print off the table below). The Futaba website shows the differences. Look at http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/feature-compare.html  I think that Futaba must have made this transmitter for a short time then added the PCM system to it and called it 6EXA Super and/or 6EXAP which are very popular models.

Might it have been sold in the USA only????

• 2 months later...