ESC programmers

Advert

Strictly speaking no, each Program Card is only for each manufacturer.

However what is often the case is that ESCs are rebranded. So for example your Turnigy Plush is the same as a HobbyWing FunFly/Pentium (who is the manufacturer), DualSky ESCs, etc. So thus that card would work across those brands.

I don't know who makes the EnErG ESCs for JP, but I'd be exceptionally surprised if JP designed themselves.

Si.

Edited By Simon Chambers on 26/03/2013 11:22:58

I can't say for certain but it looks like the JP EnErG ESCs are made by Mystery. IIRC, Black Mantis (that GiantShark sell) are Mystery too.

There progam card even looks all the same:
JP Program Card:

HobbyKing Programming card for BlueSeries Brushless Speed Controller

Black Mantis programming card

Without trying myself, I obviously can't make any guarantees...!

Si.

Either that or have a box full of program cards! Luckily they're cheap enough. I think a lot of electric fliers stick to a brand that they like and is reliable too. My personal preference (and I know a lot of others are too) is for the HobbyWing/Turnigy Plush range. However I do have a mix of all sorts of brands depending where I bought them from. Most modern ESCs are pretty good quality and have true ratings. So along as the power output is checked with a Watt Meter, its pretty rare that fliers burn out ESCs now.

The other way is to Google the ESC name and "Manual", then count the beeps...

For the most part, the ESC options often rarely need changing in my experience. Only when you get the odd fussy ESC/Motor combo that the timing may need changing. Having the ability for the ESC to reverse a motor through programming is handy too - especially if you've reconnected the motor without checking and screwed the cowl back on!

Si.