Mini velcro for E-flite batteries

Ben B

The mini velcro used to keep some Eflite batteries in place (e.g. on the blade and sbach) can be difficult to obtain locally. You can buy it from Ebay but its relatively expensive for even a small amount.

The answer is to find someone who has a young baby or a toddler still in nappies. The nappies have little velcro tabs which are used to secure the nappy. You can easily peel off this tab and it is the perfect type for the velcro tape already in the planes. You could secure it by gluing it directly to the lipo but I put a little masking tape around the lipo and then cyano'd the nappy-sourced velcro in place.

And the really good thing is our baby had recently gone up a size in her nappies so we had loads of the old ones unused so it was free- I knew I was keeping too-small nappies for a reason smiley Of course it is possible (but not recommended) to source the velcro from used nappies surprise

A friend has suggested that it's available on ebay (the velcro not the used nappies!).

But how can you tell if it's the smaller hook & loop?

So many sellers use a "generic" type photo, and the descriptions measurements don't always give much away. I already have way too much of the bigger heavier duty velcro (great for securing bigger lipo packs, but not much use for the little E-flite cells.