A low winger for a .61?

Hi guys,

I have an Irvine .61 (2 stroke) burning a hole in my work bench! I'm looking for a (not too expensive) low winger to accommodate it. Any suggestions? I'm an early intermediate flyer, want something in the ARTF line up just to punt around on that sunny Sunday afternoon. I quite like the Seagull range of planes but anything suitable would do. Oh, I already have a Space Walker so that's off the list!

Thanks to all from rainy Spain,

Winco Steve

Edited By Winco Steve on 30/04/2013 17:13:08

Advert

Steve , look no further than a seagull edge 540. They are a shade under £100 at Kings Lynn models at the moment and I cant fault mine.

They are advertised as suitable for a 46 but a club mate fitted his Irvine 46 and was disappointed, I have a 53 in mine and its ok but not fantastic. A 60 size 2 stroke IMHO would be the perfect engine.

J..

Agree with Justin about the engine size. Mine also has an Irvine 53, but a bit more would be nice. It flies well enough, but to me has no soul? Would rather have the Acrowot, although I sold my old kit build one a couple of years ago. Makes no sense to me either!

Hi, the nylon mount provided with the Edge kit would do, it`s 2 piece, but you would be better to use an Irvine or similar. The box on the front of the firewall should really be reinforced as much as possible, I use plywood. There`s plenty of room for a bigger fuel tank, you might have to open out the hole through the formers depending on the shape of your tank. The cowl is big but you will probably have to cut a hole for the cylinder head. That`s about it, with your 61 the CG will be pretty close to correct. I used a high power servo on the rudder with a pull-pull system, the pushrod provided is a little bendy.

Oh, it does fly well, mine`s got an Irvine Q72 up front.

Hope you have fun

Sandy

Kyosho calmato 60, lovely flier and sturdy, just seal the covering trims with a little application of cyano.

Flown mine originally on an OS 91 fx, now fitted with an SC 61, which isn't as powerful as the irvine 61 I previously owned.

Just change the oe silencer for something effective, use a 14x6 prop (jxf from giantcod at 1.90 odd) and 10% nitro.

Hi all,

Had a look at some of the suggestions. All good! I had a Calmato some years ago so really looking for a change. I thought a .61 might be a bit on the 'strong side' for that model however? I like the look of the Pulse but, on a pension, bit rich for me at the moment. The Revolver looks good but again..bit out of my price range at the moment. The Edge may be my compromise as does just come within my price bracket (seen it for £99).

Thanks for all the suggestions and will drop a line when I get something organised.

Regards,

Winco Steve