Connectors ?

Dr1deck

I am just updating from Nicads to Lipo's, previously I have used 4mm gold connectors, are these still considered the best solution.  (I will be using Flightpower 25C 3700 mah Lipo's, in brushless set up.)

I was considering Deans connectors but have been told these are only suitable for up to 40 Amps is that correct.

I have found some 4mm gold connectors with sheath's on the internet which should be good for higher outputs and prevent risk of shorts in transits.

Deans or Gold connctors?

Thanks

Advert

I have tried all that are available from the Tammy through to 4 and 3.5 gold. I thought Deans would be perfect until I connected up one day only to find that there was no connection, not one wants to find in an aircraft. I recon I am quite good at soldering but the spades had moved in the holder. So I converted all my batteries ESC's and Brushless motors to 3.5mm gold connectors and had no problems. I would point out that one does not need to be an expert at soldering so long as you get a good strong joint which you can check by giving it a good pull. Not so with Deans. However my middle son who races electric cars tells me that their club use only Deans, but then they stay on the ground ! !

• 3 weeks later...