Does this sound ok?

Rich too

I have a Glens Models Extra 52" wingspan, weighs approx 6.5lbs. The motor is a Turnigy C5055B 600kv (the 8mm shaft version), 80amp esc, and 5S 5000 lipos. I tried a 12 x 6 prop and the plane seemed ok, but rather lacking power. I have now bought a watt meter and tried a 14 x 7e. I am getting peak amps 67, and peak Watts approx 1250..does this sound ok? (this is all a secret science to me) Thanks Rich

Hi Glyn, no that is a slightly lower spec (6mm shaft etc). Mine is no longer listed so I cannot find the max specs. But based on other recommended setups others are propping more than mine and running into 70+ amps. I wish I could find the specs....! Cheers Rich ps I found this http://dc281.4shared.com/doc/G1qe0r1B/preview.html it doesnt state the max amps, but it does have a recommended esc rating of 80amps, so i'm guessing the motor will happily draw something near to that?

Edited By Dickster on 04/05/2013 19:05:04

On a 5s the nominal is 18.5 volts so 67amps equals 1250 watts. Fully charged lipo will be 21volts so you will only use 59 amps. The usual rating is continuous or burst I generally run at about 80% of the motor rating and 80% of the ESC rating, with a 5000mah lipo the lowest likely rating is 20c which gives 100 amps so no problem. Motors will often run happily over their rated current if cooling is good. What others do with different set ups is no guide, I try to avoid the puff of magic smoke in mid air at all costs.