Advice on Avro Vulcan Slope Soarer

Hi, i am newbie and have'nt built for many years. I have seen a plan for an Avro Vulcan Slope Soarer in RCME Plans Service, the description does'nt give a lot, but does mention it is a Powered Slope Soarer. The model number is RC1528. I wanted to make this kit without power, has anyone made this kit? Do you think this model will fly adequately on a slope without power? Many thanks, Bob

Hi Robert

I think you'll find that PSS models are models of powered planes, specifically designed to fly from the slope, without power.

Maybe someone else will verify this?

It's probably worth mentioning too, that there are a few problems with the plans service just at the moment, apparently everything is under control and being sorted out, but there may be delays. It might be prudent to phone just at the moment to check, rather than order straight from the website.

Thanks guys for such a quick response. I think i will have a go at this one, it's something a bit different for the slopes. I'll post some photos when i finish (probably in December), i haven't built anything for about 20 years!

I am also thinking about upgrading my radio gear, is anyone selling a used 4 channel set?

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

vulcaninflight.jpg

Bob, 

I've still got mine it must be 25 years old and still going strong, I took it to Sandhays aero-tow last wekeend and it caused quite a stir after staying up longer than some of the big gliders, it great fun and a dodle to fly if you get the colour scheme right. I fitted a vario to it last weekend and hit 415m off tow (photos from last year at our club www.nlmfc.org)

vulcantoland.jpg

vulcantow.jpg

Edited By James Hindle on 31/05/2013 15:59:45

• 4 weeks later...