Modelling Day 2013

As per the title.
June 9th at Stow Maries WW1 Aerodrome Purleigh Essex a day of all things model aircraft related, Displays throughout the day by Dawn Patrol, talks on modeling skills and techniques, from the incredibly dedicated builders of Airfix/plastic kits to building classes for youngsters from 8 to 80 build and fly your own rubber powered model on the day, try your hand at Radio Controlled model flying, either on the widescreen simulator or with our dual controlled trainers out on the airfield, demos and talks throughout the day on building techniques from shaping alluminium to CNC component cutting,

go to Stow Maries Facebook page to get details of entry and times.

**LINK**

chris

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

Despite being incapacitated on Saturday with back pain I manage to shuffle around Stow Maries on the Sunday. There were some top class models there and some great flying, but not a lot of people. This of course meant that you could get up real close to the models and talk to their owners, but I can't help thinking that the event could be better advertised. It took me a while to find the airfield!

Whoever set up the Phoenix flight sim was a genius - the Tx was remote from the laptop so was not constrained by the lead and the projection image was first rate. I saw at least one young chap having a ball with it. thumbs up

Its a great place to visit with a unique atmosphere so I will help out at the event next year if you guys will have me. Its well worth a visit.