Launch & Speed Trims

So I've set up launch and speed trims on a 4 servo wing glider on my Hitec Eclipse 7 Pro but, I'm a little confused because I thought that the whole trailing edge was supposed to camber or reflex and not just the flaps, which is what I get when I flip the Flight Mode Switch. Yet by using the slider control (VR1) instead, that is what happens.

I think it is achievable by programming in Flight Conditions but I'm unsure how to achieve this dont know

Steve

A470Soaring.blogspot.com

Advert

Hi Steve, I'm not familiar with the Hitec Radio, but on a Futaba 12FG you can either set up different trim settings for each flight condition (Flap, Aileron and Elevator) or you can link your ailerons to flaps so that when you adjust the flap camber or reflex using a slider, the ailerons are driven at the same time to achieve an all moving trailing edge.

I use the trim settings for reflex and camber and have the flaps and alilerons both linked so that the whole trailing edge moves with snap flap and ailerons in my flight modes (don't use a slider). The advantage of the flight modes is you can unlink things as well e.g un-link flaps and ailerons in landing mode.

Cheers,

Tom