LX model / Banana Hobby F22 single 70mm

After waiting for parts and building for a whole month, Yesterday took her out for maiden as the weather is so nice. I flew with the zippy 5S 2700 35C battery which I usually use to power my hawk. The flying is awesome, with the four servo delta wing mixing, I have plenty of pitching and rolling authority.
My controls settings as follows:

All travel set to 100%,
Ailerons with Expo of 50%
Elevator with Expo of 20%

Ailerons are connected at the middle hole of the servo horn and the outer-est hole at the clevis

Elevator are connected both at the outer-est hole at the servo horn and the clevis

I think I need to decrease the ailerons travel for smoother control.

However the motor, fan, metal LG and the light system are bit heavy, so I think I need more thrust for climbing. As the air frame is so rigid and solid with the spars, and the aircraft is so floaty, may go for a 6S 2700.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 21/05/2013 19:59:10

Advert

Yes I bought it from BH. I heard a lot of bad things about them too. however I could not find that in UK so decided to have a go on BH. I was lucky that everything came in nicely without damage. It took about two weeks to reach me after I placed my order. The only thing is I have to pay 30 quid for the VAT.

Had a look at the pitures and the video at home and have to say the thing flies quite well! and it takes off from grass which is important as I always need somebody to start my F9F EDF foamie (destroyed it twice by trying to start it myself ...)
May be the roll rate is a bit unrealistic face 1- but there is always a rate switch or expo to cure that.

Nice model

VA

Thanks! The grass at our field was short some I am able to take off with the tiny wheels. It won't move an inch on normal park grass :D

I love jets to take off from the ground with retracts but seems that is not always possible. Luckly we got a chance to do that.

Yes... I agreed with the roll rate. I remembered I did a crazy quick roll after I took off. That was 100% travel of the ailerons. I will have to turn down the travel and add some expo as well for scale flying.