Suggest an alternate motor

Advert

Heres a couple for starters....

AXI ( Not cheap cheap, but not as bad as the Muton death ray gun ) 22/12/20 goldline on 3s and 10 x 5

BRC cheapie ( 17 quid ) here

"250 watt motor, happy on 3s and 10 " prop etc.

Depends really on what sort of power you want. If its the model below

/sites/3/images/member_albums/25339/raven.jpg

Then you are looking at around 1.5 lbs AUW I beleive, so aim for around 150 watts per pound for sprightly performance, therefore you need about 225 Watts.... or more if you want to really be ballistic.

I think then that this model you have is smaller and lighter.

Span works out at 40 inches, and weight at only 19oz - although dont know if this is airframe only, or AUW?

If so, then that motor is OTT and you would get away with something of around 150 - 200 watts...

Maybe this ?? very inexpensive and 170 watts capable

You may need to drop a prop size though if planning on a 3s Lipo. This motor does have a higher Kv than the others, and may be just a little to high revving.   In that case try this at  20 quid !

Of course the trusty wattmeter will tell you all your vitals on the bench. I think this motor is rated at around 19A absolute max, so prop it for about 15A or so to give around 150watts plus on a decent quality 3s battery.

I am newish to 3D flying and I am about an attempt at the Maniac free plan in March mag, only problem I have is that I do not understand the motors, AXI2204/54 was suggested but a bit rich for my wallet, have seen several alternatives but not to sure which one, nay suggestions please,

regards

ash